[JSR308] updates to the Java Language Specification and other things to do

Neal Gafter gafter at google.com
Thu May 17 22:51:29 EDT 2007

See the jsr308 charter:

2.16 Please describe how the RI and TCK will de delivered, i.e. as part of a
profile or platform edition, or stand-alone, or both. Include version
information for the profile or platform in your answer.

This JSR proposes a change to the Java language and thus can only be
delivered in a Java SE platform release. It is targeted for Java SE 7.

Although I disagree with the "thus can only" conclusion (this is *not* what
the JCP process requires), the authors of jsr308 have in any case committed
to making all the required changes to the platform and specification as its
work product.

Regards,
Neal