[JSR308] JSR 308 documents and tools released

Neal Gafter gafter at google.com
Sat Jul 7 20:30:31 EDT 2007

On Jul 6, 2007 6:48 PM, Michael Ernst <mernst at csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> As I have asked before, if you think a BNF is the most important thing,
> then how about contributing one?  If each person contributes what he
> thinks
> is most important, then we can all make progress.

The most important thing at this stage is a syntactic design that can result
in a simple and unambiguous grammar. I've contributed such a design (May 18,
2:02pm) along with its grammar. I don't think an unambiguous grammar for the
current language design strategy is possible, and I don't see how my
contribution has been used to make progress.