[JSR308] Replace JAIF format with XML for external annotations

Arnout Engelen jsr308 at bzzt.net
Wed Aug 22 16:59:47 EDT 2007

Arnout Engelen wrote:
> It should be quite easy to map the BNF definition to a DTD defining an
> XML format that corresponds closely to the existing format.
Let me back that up - see attachments (hope they come though). This is
based on the PDF spec of the format, and the example is also the one
mentioned there.

Note that this does nothing to solve the 5 issues David mentioned
further down the thread - except perhaps #4. #1-3 are, hopefully, just
practicalities. #5 needs some further thought.

Regards,

Arnout