[Checkers] [Jsr308-bugs] A very simple checker problem

Michael Ernst mernst at csail.mit.edu
Fri Oct 17 10:50:47 EDT 2008

Adam-

> Did my post "Checkers - a useability problem, suggestion and idea"
> arrive at the JSR308 list?

Yes.  Sorry for the delay; I was unexpectedly without email for a week, and
I'm trying to dig my way out.

It's an excellent point, and is one more step along lines where we have
already had trouble in the past.

I agree with the idea of splitting the checker framework into 2 jars.
Invoking javac as a jar is feasible -- Ant does it, for example -- but I'm
thinking about whether it is any easier for a user than going via javac,
particularly when there are complicated arguments (classpath,
bootclasspath, etc.) to be passed, and whether there are any other issues.
We'll try to reply publicly soon.