[Checkers] Notice about Added Feature

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 17 23:45:00 EDT 2008

Hi Mike,

For the nullness demo, I decided to change my nullness example to
JUnit 4.4, where Assert.equals(actual, expected) throws an NPE, when
actual is null but expected is not.  The example is straight forward
and effective (I think), as junit is commonly used library.

Also, for the purpose of the demo, I would like to add a check for
redundant nullness checking.  Given an nullness test (via equality),
the nullness checker would report a *warning* if a nonnull value is
tested for nullness.  Unfortunately, we cannot add a warning for known-
to-be null tested against a NonNull reference. (i.e. String s = null;
if (s == "m") { .... }).  The check is disabled by default, and
activated via (-Alint=+redundant).

- Mahmood