[Checkers] romaybe => ropoly?

Jaime Quinonez jaimeq at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 6 14:13:52 EDT 2008

I agree that "readonly polymorphism" is better than "readonly maybe."
However, the abbreviation seems odd.  When I see ropoly, I want to
pronounce it "rope-oly."  That word ropoly used two different forms of
abbreviation: ReadOnly -> ro and POLYmorphism -> poly.  I don't see
the need to use all of readonly.  For example, it could be abbreviated
to read, in which case the new keyword could be "readpoly."  This also
separates all words clearly, since read and poly are read separately
(no pun intended).

This possibility made me realize that "polymorphism over readonly"
isn't the phrase we've been saying, but rather, "polymorphism over
mutability."  Therefore, the keywords "mutpoly" or "polymut" are
tempting, but aren't as nice to see as "readpoly" or "polyread."

Jaime