[JSR308] langtools and Eclipse

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 28 17:30:29 EST 2009

Greetings Niko,

I develop langtools in Eclipse actually.

Here are my settings for langtools:

Java Build Path:
   Source: langtools/src/share/classes
   output folder: langtools/build
   Order and Export: langtools/src/share/classes entry is checked and
on the top

Run Configuration:
   Main class: com.sun.tools.javac.Main
   Classpath: 'langtools' project entry is the most top entry in
'Bootstrap Entries'

Once you imported an already existent non-Eclipse project, Eclipse
sometimes doesn't build the function indexes properly.  You can delete
your $workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core folder and
then start Eclipse once more.  This forces Eclipse to rebuild the
project indices.

Hope that helps.  I will update the documentations for how to set up
the project in Eclipse.  I would appreciate instructions on how to set
up langtools and checkers projects in netbeans.

Regards,
Mahmood