[JSR308] JSR308 Checkers Framework

Phokham Nonava poky at student.ethz.ch
Fri Sep 12 05:30:02 EDT 2008

Hello Mahmood,

I'm Phokham, computer science student at the ETH in Switzerland. I'm
currently working at a semester thesis with Werner M. Dietl using your
checkers framework. We try to implement a checker for his Universe Type
System.

Developing only on the Windows plattform I struggled about some
hardcoded linux path issues in the framework. I would happily compile a
patch for you if you like.

I had also a problem creating a simple checker using only qualifiers. It
took me some time to figure out that a simple checker should have the
method isValidUse overridden like this:

public class UtsChecker extends BaseTypeChecker {
     @Override
     public boolean isValidUse(AnnotatedDeclaredType elemType,
AnnotatedDeclaredType useType) {
         return true;
     }
}

Maybe you could point that out in your tutorial :) It would help
beginners a lot.

If you have any questions, you can reach me under this email address.

Best regards,
Phokham