[JSR308] New version of JSR 308 proposal is available
mernst at csail.mit.edu
Mon Nov 12 14:35:21 EST 2007
I have just released a new version of the JSR 308 proposal. I also don't
think that I announced the release of one last week (Nov 5), which is the
official EDR version, though we encourage people to comment on the most
current copy. A summary of the changes in the two revisions appears below.
As always, you can find the proposal at
JSR 308's Early Draft Review is not yet announced at
http://jcp.org/en/home/index, so we haven't yet had any comments on that.
The changes to the normative section:
* Make local variable info an array, to handle separate live ranges.
* Change TYPEREF to TYPE_USE in ElementType enum.
* Note that class file format ought to store the annotations for
stack elements, much as is done with types to ease bytecode
The changes to non-normative section:
* Add new example of need for type qualifier annotations: ThreadSafe.
* Fix type in comment describing meaning of example variables.
* Note that JSR 198 can permit creating cross-IDE plug-ins. Mention
need to update JSR 198 AST with respect to Java syntax changes.
* Add further discussion of the two approaches to handling
duplicate annotations at a single location.
Other editorial changes:
* Re-organize Figure 1 (target_type table) to separate annotations
that may appear on class/method/field declarations from those
that only appear inside method bodies.
More information about the JSR308