[Checkers] Debugging An Annotation Processor

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 12 08:54:28 EST 2008

Greetings Daniel,

Personally, I debug the checkers using Eclipse.  You should be able to
use your favorite debugger, once you set the main class to
'com.sun.tools.javac.Main' and the bootclasspath to include jsr308
langtools (or the project langtools).

> I am currently facing a strange bug. After analysing a while loop and
> returning the new Analysis (from visitWhileLoop) it mysteriously
> disapears and is replaced with an earlier analysis.

Is this analysis an extension to Flow?  Can this be related to the
while loop statement never executing if the condition is false
initially?

Regards,
Mahmood