[Checkers] Status Update: Conditional Expressions and TypeVariables

Matt Papi mpapi at csail.mit.edu
Fri Mar 14 01:18:40 EDT 2008

Hi Mahmood,

Thanks! The conditional expression stuff looks good so far.

> __TYPE VARIABLES__
> Currently we do basically nothing for methods with type variables
> defined in the method tree, like in '<T extends Number> max(T n1,  T
> n2)'.  This is opposed to type variables defined in the class tree,
> like for methods 'T get(int)', which is actually handled through
> asMemberOf().
>
> This is a bit annoying since some of my case studies rely on this case
> being handled.  In the next day or two, I am planning to be working on
> this to get it to a working condition whenever I have some time.
Remind me to talk to you about this tomorrow -- while fixing some
NonNull bugs today, I implemented some of this functionality for both
class and method type variables (e.g., the checker yells at you if you
have "<T extends @NonNull Object> max(Integer n1, Integer n2)"). I'm
going to check in what I have either later tonight or first thing
tomorrow morning; we can talk about what else needs to be done.

(Also, thanks for the heads up on what you plan on working on next!)

 - Matt