[Checkers] Interned checker throws ClassCastException

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 1 00:46:27 EST 2008

Hi Mike,

I am sorry for not replying to your earlier emails. I am planning to
do that soon. Today, we made a lot of changes in the framework some of
which broke some assumptions (not fully specified) made by the
checkers. We were able to successfully run the Interned checker
against Daikon and Pastry twice. I am currently working on it.

I am investigating several crashing bugs in the framework now. I am
not quite sure which one you are encountering, but I have uncovered
the following problems:

1. Checks done with an implicit constructor for anonymous classes,
lead to NullPointerException
2. getAnnotatedType of a member select of tree of a canonical class
name ('checkers.basetype.BaseTypeVisitor') lead to infinite loops in
Pastry

- Mahmood

P.S. I should take responsibility of this errors.