[Checkers] Fwd: daikon compile failure

Michael Ernst mernst at csail.mit.edu
Wed Apr 23 17:17:05 EDT 2008

> >  but the definition of Interned contains all sorts of other annotations that
> >  want to bring in the entire Checkers Framework.
>
> Everything else should be in checkers.metaquals.

Here are some counterexamples.

Mutable.java contains "import checkers.javari.JavariChecker;".
Nullable.java contains "import checkers.nonnull.NonNullChecker;".
Raw.java contains "import checkers.nonnull.NonNullChecker;".

> >  What is the recommended way to obtain backward compatibility for
> >  compilation by non-JSR-308 compilers?
>
> Until the commented-imports feature is done, copying over both
> checkers.quals and checkers.metaquals should work.

I don't think this will work, for the reasons above.  But another option is
to recommend that users put checkers.jar on their classpath even when
compiling without doing any checking.  This is non-ideal, but may work.
If so, we should explicitly suggest this in the manual.

Jeff, I have checked this in.  Can you see whether it works for you?  It
does for me, but I may have too many customizations in my environment...