[JSR308] Release 0.9.4 of javac, Checker Framework, and checkers

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 30 01:37:11 EDT 2009

We have released version 0.9.4 of the JSR 308 specification and
implementation and of the Checker Framework.  You can always review
the latest version of the specification at: http://groups.csail.mit.edu/pag/jsr308/specification/java-annotation-design.html
; and download the latest version of these tools at:http://groups.csail.mit.edu/pag/jsr308/
.

The JSR 308 implementation is a backward-compatible extension to
javac. The Checker Framework makes it easy to write a tool that finds
or prevents errors; the tool is expressed as a type-checker for a
pluggable type system.  The Checker Framework distribution includes
sample checkers.

This release includes many changes: introduction of a new Lock
concurrency type-checker, improvements in handling Map.get() return
type, some bug fixes (including one related to -
XDTA:spacesincomments), and manual improvements.

The changlogs of the implementations appear below.

Also, I am happy to announce that our javac implementation has been
adopted by Sun and future compiler releases will already include
support for type annotations.

   - Mahmood

---- Changelog for Checker Framework ----
Version 0.9.4, 30 Jun 2009

Functionality
   Added Lock checker

Bug fixes
   Handle more patterns for determining Map.get() return type

Manual Documentations
   Improved installation instructions
   Added the following sections
     2.6 Dependent types
     3.1 subsection for LazyNonNull
     10.9 When to use (and not to use) type qualifiers

---- Changelog for JSR 308 implementation ----
Version 0.9.4, 30 Jun 2009

Bug fixes
   Fixed a regression when using '-XDTA:spacesincomments'

Base build
   Updated to OpenJDK langtools build b62