[JSR308] IllegalStateException

Niko Matsakis niko at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jun 19 17:59:31 EDT 2009

Hello,

I just started trying to port some of my work to use jsr308 v0.9.2.
However, I find that I immediately get an IllegalStateException thrown
from Context.checkState().  At this point I am basically using an
empty BaseTypeVisitor but I get the same error with a SourceVisitor.
Near as i can tell, the problem results because the
AttributionTaskListener tries to get the compiler Log from the
JavacProcessingEnvironment, but the context pointer stored in there is
stale and has already been cleared (via clear()).  Clearing sets the
hashtable to null which causes the illegal state exception.

Any ideas as to what's going wrong?

thanks,
Niko