[JSR308] Modifying the annotations in the source

Niko Matsakis niko at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 22 06:47:52 EST 2009

Hello,

Is it possible for a Checker to affect the annotations which will be
written into the .class file?  In my checker I would like to add
certain annotations to some elements such as fields or methods to
represent inferred information and other values.  These annotations
would then be loaded when the .class file for a certain class is
referenced by another class in a later compilation.  Right now, I am
always resynthesizing this information, but in some cases that is
challenging to do without access to the full AST tree.  (Not to
mention that it's somewhat inefficient)

thanks,
Niko