[JSR308] ClassNotFoundException using BasicChecker

Neil Hartner neildo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 03:36:49 EDT 2009

I am getting a ClassNotFoundException using BasicChecker.  I am trying to
run the Encrypted example.  I have created a class called Encrypted.java
that contains the exact content mentioned in the guide.  I have also created
a simple class called Test.java that uses the Encrypted annotation.  I first
compile the Encrypted class using:
javac src/myquals/Encrypted.java

Then I try to compile and check Test.java:
javac -cp src -processor checkers.basic.BasicChecker
-Aquals=myquals.Encypted src/myquals/Test.java

But I receive the following error:

An annotation processor threw an uncaught exception.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
java.lang.Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: myquals/Encrypted
    at
checkers.basic.BasicChecker.createSupportedTypeQualifiers(BasicChecker.java:54)
    at checkers.basetype.BaseTypeChecker.init(BaseTypeChecker.java:97)

If I omit the processor then Test.java will compile.  It also works if I use
change my code to use checkers.util.test.Encrypted with the processor.

Why am I not able to use my own annotation with BasicChecker?