[JSR308] NoSuchFieldError: RELEASE_7 on Mac

Mathias Ricken mgricken+jsr308 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 16:03:49 EDT 2008

Hi:

Below is the conversation that happened on the  checkers mailing list
jsr308 mailing list right away as well.

In terms of the documentation for building on the Mac, I would
emphasize that users have to use langtools/dist/bin/javac. Copying
langtools/dist/lib/javac.jar into the binary directory and then
patching SoyLatte does not work. If they want to do that, they have to
write a wrapper script around SoyLatte's javac which puts the patched
tools.jar on the classpath.

Thanks for your help.

--Mathias