[JSR308] Custom annotations?

Richard Gomes rgomes1997 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 10 20:28:47 EST 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008 22:52:32 Tom Ball wrote:
> Richard Gomes wrote:
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > Thank you for your directions.
> >
> > It should be very convenient to detect that ...
> >
> > @Rate double rate = 1.0;
> > @Volatility double vol = rate;
> >
> > .... cannot compile because the variables are semantically different,
> > nevertheless both are represented internally as floating point numbers.
>
> It had better compile, as annotations aren't supposed to change
> compilation behavior.  Your error detector could certainly flag it as an
> error, however.
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

JSR-308 is very interesting for our project because we are able to reach very
strong type checking whilst producing small, fast, clear, organized and well
documented code. More info at
http://www.jquantlib.org/index.php/DeveloperCorner

In the future we will have to implement the annotation processor and cause
compilation errors wherever necessary.

Thanks you

--
Richard Gomes