[JSR308] updates to the Java Language Specification and other things to do

Michael Ernst mernst at csail.mit.edu
Mon May 21 08:57:32 EDT 2007

> Right, especially considering the larger goal of this being the last
> annotation JSR.

I don't see that as a goal.  We should do the best job that we can, but if
there is an issue that we cannot resolve, then I think it's OK to leave
that to future language designers, just as the JSR 175 team did.  In
particular, I don't think we should close off future avenues for
enhancement as a result of the opinion that JSR 308 is the final word.  (I
don't think you meant the latter, but wanted to make this point explicit.)