[JSR308] Others possible syntaxes for type annotations

Eugene Kuleshov eu at javatx.org
Wed May 16 19:40:51 EDT 2007

  I am not sure if type aliasing is either a good idea or in scope of
the JSR 308. Though it is been considered a bad idea to add new keywords
to Java language, including "typedef" or "syntax".

  As for alternative syntaxes, I spoke to Neal Gafter at the JavaOne
last week and he explained his idea for non-ambiguous syntax for
annotations to me. He was planning to send his proposal along with Java
language grammar changes to this list.

  regards,
  Eugene