[JSR308] JSR 308 documents and tools released

Bill Pugh pugh at cs.umd.edu
Tue Jul 10 14:47:03 EDT 2007

The document suggests (Section 3.3) that we can use ElementType
declarations to disambiguate whether an annotation applies to a
method or a return value.

However, this is not compatible with pre-JSR308 usage, and won't be
compatible with JSR305. Under JSR-175, if an annotation such as
@Nonnull is annotation with @Target(ElementType.TYPE), then that
annotation cannot be applied to a method.

	Bill