[JSR308] array-valued annotations

Ted Neward ted at tedneward.com
Tue Jan 30 03:05:12 EST 2007

> Thanks. :-)

You're welcome. :-)

> I am all for linguistic simplicity too.  I would just like to keep the
> arguments focused on what good programs we can write with the simplest
> language.  I don't think we can do much about the bad programs, they
> will always be there.

Oh, agreed; I'm not arguing against that aspect of your point. Case in
point, I think we can go a fair distance towards making the language safer
and easier to use with these annotations, which in turn justifies the added
complexity (to a point).

What I do want to worry about, though, is the idea that we keep a realistic
eye towards what we're really creating with this. Pavel's example just
really caught me up short as to just how bad "annotation hell" can be in a
single declaration, hence my expressed desire to try to avoid making things
worse. :-)

Ted Neward
Java, .NET, XML Services
Consulting, Teaching, Speaking, Writing