[JSR308] Replace JAIF format with XML for external annotations

Michael Ernst mernst at csail.mit.edu
Wed Aug 22 13:47:00 EDT 2007

> In a mail from Michel Ernst to this list on 9-2-2007, he mentioned MIT
> has already built some tools that should contain a parser for this
> format, and those were due to be released soon - I haven't checked if
> that happened ;).

(My email was sent 9-Feb-2007, for those (like me) who live in cultures
that put the month before the year and were initially confused by the
date.)

The tools, including the parser, are available at
  http://groups.csail.mit.edu/pag/jsr308/annotation-file-utilities/
It looks like we made the first public release on 1-May-2007.