[JSR308] Replace JAIF format with XML for external annotations

Michael Ernst mernst at csail.mit.edu
Tue Aug 21 19:04:06 EDT 2007

Bill-

There are advantages to both an XML and a human-readable representation (as
explained in the document), so it would be good to have both.  Feel free to
contribute an XML DTD and a translator between the formats.

> The JSR308 web pages proposal JAIF

I can't parse this -- maybe you should have presented it in XML :-) -- but
note that the JAIF file format is not part of the JSR 308 proposal.  It's
merely a set of tools that we at MIT happen to distribute, in case they
might be useful to others working with JSR 308.