[Jsr308-statements] Comments on JSR 308 statements proposal

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Sun Mar 4 01:21:38 EST 2007

On Mar 3, 2007, at 9:34 PM, Trevor Harmon wrote:

>> Similarly, the "pros and cons"
>> statement at the end of the document can be shortened.  In my
>> view, it's
>> better to express the arguments rather than give a historical
>> description
>> of how the debate proceeded and who said what.
>
> I will rewrite the Community Response section.

On second thought, I simply removed the entire section. The only
reason I added it -- and I was hesitant to add it in the first place
-- was to try to give a fair voice to those on the JSR-308 list who
had so strongly opposed the statement annotations proposal.
Otherwise, I don't think the section adds anything important, and as
Mike mentioned, it's important to keep the document as short and easy
to read as possible.

That said, if anyone here still wishes to voice criticism of the
proposal, I would be perfectly happy adding text that summarizes
their concerns. They would just need to write it up themselves.

Trevor