[Jsr308-statements] First draft of proposal

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Thu Mar 1 19:34:12 EST 2007

On Feb 28, 2007, at 11:23 PM, Eugene Kuleshov wrote:

>  It doesn't seem to make sense sense to expose them trough runtime
> reflection API because statements and other method details aren't
> exposed at the runtime.

You're saying that because statement annotations have no reflection
API at the present time, we should mark all statement annotations as
invisible. This is dangerous. There may be a future reflection API,
or perhaps some third-party API, that needs to consider run-time
visible statement annotations. To account for such future expansion,
we should be consistent and record the same visible/invisible
distinction that all other annotations do, even if the distinction is
not being exposed right now through an API.

Besides, the whole visible/invisible thing is really quite trivial.
We can implement it now without any trouble. (My javac patch already
does this.) What do we have to gain by not supporting it?

>>>  I've also added some couple more examples to the wiki (fine-
>>> grained statement advices for AOP and example from [a]C#)
>> Thanks, but why is your AOP example in the Concurrency, Atomicity,
>> and Parallelization section?
>  Sorry about that. Please more it into the appropriate section.

Fixed.

Trevor