[Jsr308-statements] First draft of proposal

Eugene Kuleshov eu at javatx.org
Wed Feb 28 23:26:21 EST 2007

Hi Trevor,

  It is really great summary.

  I have few notes in regards to the bytecode representation.

-- First of all there is no need to have separate "visible" and
"invisible" attributes. For regular annotations those are used to
differentiate between attributes available trout reflection API and
those that aren't. Since we aren't planning to expose statement-level
annotations as well as other code-related annotations trough reflection
(btw, it worth to state that in the proposal document) we don't need
"visible" attribute.

-- It seems like we can just use another target_type and special
reference_info within the same RuntimeInvisibleTypeAnnotations
introduced in base JSR 308 proposal. Though that attribute could
probably named better for such purpose.

-- Use case from "Object Allocation" section (on object creation, new)
is covered by the main JSR 308 proposal

  I've also added some couple more examples to the wiki (fine-grained
statement advices for AOP and example from [a]C#)

  regards,
  Eugene