[Jsr308-statements] Are loop annotations within scope?

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Sat Feb 3 00:52:27 EST 2007

I noticed that the status web page [1] says: "Annotations on blocks
and loops are within the scope of JSR 308."

But from the recent talk on the jsr308 list, my understanding is that
several individuals, such as Doug Lea, feel that such constructs
might not be appropriate for JSR-308.

In other words, I'm surprised to find such a definite statement on
the scope of JSR-308 when it seems to be open for debate.

So, does the existence of that statement end the debate? If not, why
not? Thanks,

Trevor

[1] http://pag.csail.mit.edu/jsr308/