[Checkers] Checker for JCIP @GuardedBy annotation

Jeremy Manson jeremy.manson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 14:10:44 EDT 2009

Hi Mike,

I don't actually have any projects with it either.  I think there is
something of a chicken-egg problem here, which is that without the
checker, people don't actually find it useful to put in the
annotations.  Now that there is a checker, I will ask around a bit and
see if someone wants to use it in their project.

The C++ compiler folks here have gotten some good mileage out of
cribbing the JCiP annotations and writing a checker for them, so I
would expect there to be some interest from internal Java users, too.

Thanks!

Jeremy