[Checkers] A Java IDE supporting the type annotations checkers framework

Michael Ernst mernst at cs.washington.edu
Thu Jul 16 01:16:42 EDT 2009

Stephan-

I'm delighted to hear about tIDE's support for JSR 308 and the Checker
Framework.  Thanks for doing that.

I don't see the Checker Framework listed at
  http://tide.olympe-network.com/exttools.htm
nor in the list of tools at http://tide.olympe-network.com/descr.htm

> the installation is very easy:
> 1) download the latest checkers zip, unpack it
> 2) specify the unpacked checkers home in tIDE and
>  choose which checkers should be passed to the processor.

Will you add these instructions to the tIDE website and manual?
(You might also want to expand on point #2.)

By the way, several of the webpages say
  Please read tide_manual.pdf for the most up to date usage help.
But the linked file
  http://tide.olympe-network.com/tide_manual.pdf
has a date of November 7, 2007.  You may wish to update this to avoid
giving the impression that tIDE has not been updated for 20 months.

I tried running tIDE from the website, and I got this error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: DynamicProxyManager: Invalid Proxy Type
	at com.sun.deploy.net.proxy.DynamicProxyManager.reset(DynamicProxyManager.java:369)
	at com.sun.deploy.net.proxy.DeployProxySelector.reset(DeployProxySelector.java:59)
	at com.sun.javaws.Main.initializeExecutionEnvironment(Main.java:1067)
	at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Main.java:176)
	at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Main.java:104)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I am using Java 6, on Ubuntu 9.04:
  Linux mernst-ubuntu 2.6.28-13-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 30 19:49:51 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

I haven't yet tried running it directly, only by clicking on the JNLP link.

I second Mahmood's suggestion that you send your announcement to
jsr308 at lists.csail.mit.edu .