[Checkers] Class file format for wildcard bounds

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 29 11:07:05 EST 2009

Greetings,

> Do we have a story on the class file format for wildcard bounds?
> Can you
> fill in the empty section that I just added, with at least a
> description of
> what the compiler currently does?
We don't have a story for wildcards bounds now.  The compiler doesn't
emit the annotations on wildcard bounds, as far as I know.

It was proposed that we have the wildcard bound reference_info as the
following:

   {
     // describes which bound of the wildcard it is
     u1 bound_index;
     // describes the location of wildcard as if it is an annotation
     u1 target_type_index;
     reference_info wildcard_location;
   } reference_info;

Also, since we included annotations on type parameters, are we to
include annotations on wildcards (i.e. List<@NonNull ?>)?  If so, I
propose the same earlier specification but without bound_index.

Regards,
Mahmood