[Checkers] State-Type Prototype

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 12 16:30:37 EDT 2008

Greetings again,

I just implemented a prototype for stateful type-system.  The
implementation and an example is attached.  You may need to upgrade to
the new release scheduled today so it would compile cleanly.  I found
some bugs that I just fixed.

Instead of using the name to determine the state, I used an annotation
'ChangeStatusTo' that takes the new status (i.e. qualifier) of the
receiver.

There is basically one class: StatefulAnnotatedTypeFactory, that
contains StatefulFlow.  StatefulFlow changes the state of the call
site upon method invocations of methods annotated with
'@ChangeStatusTo'.

Please note the limitations due to aliasing, as noted in
TestState.java example.

Regards,
Mahmood