[Checkers] Javac Bug Reports

Matt Papi mpapi at csail.mit.edu
Sat May 17 16:03:48 EDT 2008

Hi Mahmood,

Cool. Actually, if it's not inconvenient, do you think you could open
one for the exception parameter bug (in which the elements for catch
variables don't have the correct ElementKind)? I threw together a
javac 6 test case for it a while back -- I can dig it up if you need
it.

> 2. Have Element concrete classes (*Symbol) actually override
> Object.equals() to conform to Element interface specification.
>
> We get many assertions failure in Flow because it expect two VarSymbol
> to be equals but not.

Do you have examples or test cases for any of these assertion
failures? I'm curious, since I didn't see any when running my case
studies, and more importantly, I'm giving a demo in a few days, so I'd
like to make sure things aren't broken well before then.

(Also, if you're making changes to Flow, let me know so we don't
conflict/overlap -- I'm still not finished making changes to it from
this week.)

- Matt