[Checkers] Commented imports in JSR 308 checker

Michael Ernst mernst at csail.mit.edu
Wed Mar 19 04:22:06 EDT 2008

Matt-

Right now, the JSR 308 compiler treats comments of the form

  /*@Interned*/

as if the contained text was actually present.

Can you also do this for comments of the form

  /*import checkers.quals.*;*/

?  (It would be good enough for me if this only worked for comments that
started with "import checkers.quals.".)

Without this feature, a programmer has to either change the code every time
he wants to run the checker (a major pain), or else add the checkers
jarfile to his classpath for all compilations (which the FreePastry
developers are reluctant to do).

You migth have already told me why this is inconvenient/difficult, but I
can't remember the answer.

I'm open to alternatives, though I don't have any good suggestions offhand.
One possibility is a command-line option indicating an implicit import
statement that should be applied to all files being compiled.

                     Thanks,