[Checkers] Javari checker possibly ready for release

Telmo telmo at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 7 05:18:25 EST 2008

After this last night of debugging, the Javari checker passes the 3 basic
tests; this version has been checked in on the repository.

The last changes refer to "RoMaybe variables"; while it is not clear to me
that they are added on the specification, they must be supported, such
that variables may be passed around as follows:

@RoMaybe Node foo(@RoMaybe Node arg) {
    @RoMaybe next = arg.getNext();
    // print information about next
    return next;
}

Since those checks may depend on context, if this-mutable variables are
thrown in the mix, some assignment of annotations to variables must be
done with dependencies on the VisitorState, which keeps information about
the receiver and class type. However, none of the forms of
commonAssignmentCheck accepts AnnotatedTypeMirror parameters both as
variables and values, so the functionality of commonAssignmentCheck has
been partially reimplemented on the overriding method at JavariVisitor,
for now, and no calls to the super method are made.

Constructors still do not behave properly with RoMaybe; I tried touching
the code that deals with it (visitNewClass, on JavariVisitor, is commented
out and has a stub functionality active at its end), but the old code
causes many tests to fail when activated. I don't understand yet what is
happening there, so I do not plan on changing it before the release today.
(In fact, unless told otherwise I don't plan on touching the code again
before the release.)

-Telmo