[Checkers] errorKey on BaseTypeVisitor

Matt Papi mpapi at csail.mit.edu
Wed Mar 5 11:44:45 EST 2008

> The only change I committed outside of the javari checker was modificating
> which line was commented out and which line was active on BaseTypeVisitor;
> as of now it uses the actualy provided error key, not "type.incompatible",
> to test that the error messages are in fact being cased by the right
> reasons.

This change breaks the NonNull and Interned test suites (they were
refactored to use "type.incompatible" a couple weeks ago). It's really a
good idea to run the checkers' test suites before committing a change in
checkers.{source,basetype,types,util}.* to make sure that other checkers
don't break.

If you need the old error keys for testing purposes, we could (for
example) add a flag that causes them to be used in place of
"type.incompatible". However, I think we should leave
"type.incompatible" there, since it allows checkers to emit nicer,
javac-like errors by default.

(Also, it looks like the "type.incompatible" change is still just a
hack. Are there plans to go back and do it in a cleaner way?)

- Matt