[Checkers] IGJ Status after Matt's Check-in

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 4 01:26:06 EST 2008

Hi guys,

I just wanted to send a quick note about the IGJ status after Matt's
giant check-in today.

IGJ is passing all tests but two (in better statistics, missing 4
expected errors out of 182 expected ones). The four cases are related
to not being able to infer the supertype of a class properly due to
the framework not reading annotations on the extends or implements
clauses. These failures are not related to Matt's check in, but I just
realized that they weren't handled properly.

I have been able to compile free pastry code with it type-checking
using IGJ. Unfortunately, I have been getting random errors like:
     [javac] /Users/mahmood/pastry/src/rice/pastry/leafset/testing/
MergeTest.java:138: cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol: class rice
     [javac]     PastryNode pn = new
PastryNode((rice.pastry.Id)ls2.get(0).getId(),env){

[javac
]                                                                           ^
     [javac] /Users/mahmood/pastry/src/rice/persistence/
DatabaseStorage.java:154: cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol: class rice
     [javac]     env.getProcessor().processBlockingIO(new
WorkRequest(c, env.getSelectorManager()) {

[javac

It seems that those errors are generated in a stage later than the
annotation processor, but I haven't been able to locate it exactly. I
should try compiling from a clean checkout.

- Mahmood