[Checkers] Compiling FreePastry and javax.annotation.processing.Messager

Michael Ernst mernst at csail.mit.edu
Sat Mar 1 14:31:00 EST 2008

Matt-

> I had some trouble with the FreePastry instructions that you'd sent me
> last week, so I modified the "interned" target in build.xml

Thanks!  That worked well.

(Do let us all know if you see problems.  It's my own fault for not asking
earlier, but this info would have saved me quite a bit of time trying to
figure out how to get the bootclasspath properly set in Ant when invoking
javac via Java.  I overlooked the "executable" flag.)

> This works because the javac script prepends the JSR 308 javac.jar to
> the bootclasspath. You can do this in Ant via a "bootclasspath"
> attribute, but I found this way to be more reliable.

I tried this and couldn't get it to work.  I don't know exactly why, but
now it doesn't much matter.