[Checkers] Interned checker throws ClassCastException
mahmood at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 1 13:22:47 EST 2008
I just woke up. I apologize again for breaking the code a lot
yesterday, I am hoping to redeem myself in the future :(.
Upon actually run the IGJ checker against Daikon and Pastry,
followings Mike's suggestion, I unearthed some bugs in framework and
Here is a summary of the errors that I was getting and the fixes I made:
1. StackOverflow error whenever we have a recursive class declaration,
e.g. Comparable<I extends Comparable> kinda thing.
- AnnotatedTypeFactory tries to get the type of Comparable the class,
and then tries to get the type variable I and bounds to Comparable the
use, which requires getting the annotated type of Comparable class, etc.
- memoize the instances of AnnotatedDeclaredType produced by
TypeAnnotator and return a *copy* of the desired type if one was
already produced earlier.
2. NullPointerException whenever we have an assignment to array access
in a multidimential array.
- For some reason, InternalUtils.symbol() returns null for array[i][j]
- Haven't been resolved yet. I added a check to see if it's null. In
the future, It should return the element of arraytype
3. ClassCastExeption in AnnotatedTypeFactory.getReceiver, when the
receiver is TypeVariable
- Assumption is that the receiver of a method invocation or a member
select is of DeclaredType. The cast to AnnotatedDeclaredType fails if
it's actually AnnotatedTypeVariable
- Remove the cast and change the return type of
getReceiver(ExpressionTree) to AnnotatedTypeMirror
4. NullPointerException and StackOverflow when visiting anonymous
constructors for inner classes.
I haven't investigated the issue thoroughly and it might actually a
combination of the previous ones.
For now, I disabled the checks for the assignments made within
More information about the checkers