[Checkers] parser-tests tests

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 25 15:25:32 EDT 2008

Hi Matt,

I was wondering what the status of implementing ARRAYS convention in
the Javac parser.  I remember you suggesting that it should be done
within the framework rather the Parser, but I see that Parser is
handling part of it.

r42631 log note is: 'Add support for parsing using the "arrays"
convention (not yet the default)'

Also, I cannot get the parser-tests to pass.  Below are the steps I
have taken.  Please note the following:

annotations/langtools      -- the latest hg jsr308 langtools
annotations/langtools-old  -- r2641 -- first build-able version since
r2631
annotations/checkers       -- r2641

> mali at horseradish:parser-test$ svn info .. | grep "Last Changed Rev"
> Last Changed Rev: 2641
> mali at horseradish:parser-test$ svn info ../../checkers | grep "Last
> Changed Rev"
> Last Changed Rev: 2640
> mali at horseradish:parser-test$ javac -version
> javac 1.7.0-jsr308-0.6.2
> mali at horseradish:parser-test$ cat ../../checkers/build.properties |
> grep version
> build.version = 0.6.2
> mali at horseradish:parser-test$ make
> javac BasicTest.java
> javac ArrayTest.java
> javac -cp ../../checkers/checkers.jar -proc:only -processor
> checkers.util.TreeDebug ArrayTest.java > elts.out
> diff -q elts.expected elts.out
> jsr308_arrays="arrays" javac -cp ../../checkers/checkers.jar -
> proc:only -processor checkers.util.TreeDebug ArrayTest.java >
> arrays.out
> diff -q arrays.expected arrays.out
> Files arrays.expected and arrays.out differ
> make: *** [array-arrays] Error 1
> mali at horseradish:parser-test$ # test that hg conversion didn't
> change output
> mali at horseradish:parser-test$ diff arrays.out ../../langtools/parser-
> test/arrays.out
> mali at horseradish:parser-test$ # ensure that 'arrays' setting was
> noticed
> mali at horseradish:parser-test$ diff -q arrays.out elts.out
> Files arrays.out and elts.out differ
> mali at horseradish:parser-test$

Any suggestions?
- Mahmood