[Checkers] Release announcement

Michael Ernst mernst at csail.mit.edu
Fri Jun 20 05:52:47 EDT 2008

Mahmood-

Can you point me at the changelog entry and the release announcement, so
that I can review them before 2pm your time?

I would like to model future release announcements on the one I sent out
last time.

The announcement omitted information that hadn't changed, such as which
checkers are included.  Repeating information leads people to ignore even
parts of the message that might be relevant; it's better to say what is new
or different.  The announcement also gave a short summary of the most
salient changes, and then it included the full changelog entry.

                     Thanks,