[Checkers] Spaces in commented JSR 308 annotations

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 10 02:57:15 EDT 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 1:59 AM, Adam Kiezun wrote:

> Doesn't the compiler know which @ things are annotations and which are
> not (from the classpath)?
We are handling the commented annotations in the Scanner.  Attribution
(resolving the types of the annotations) happens in later phases of
the compiler.

It might be a challenging to make that information available to the
compiler.  We can use a hack like (Class.forName()) and see if it
throws an exception.  I don't know if it would recognize classpath
within javac.  This will not recognize jsr308 qualifiers (annotations)
that are passed as source as they haven't yet been compiled.

Regards,
Mahmood