[Checkers] Compilar Instability

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 8 01:20:10 EDT 2008

On Jul 8, 2008, at 1:06 AM, Michael Ernst wrote:

> All of the following commands crash.

I am witnessing the same problems when running the demo.

For the now, the workaround is to use:
r3042 for checkers
r89   for langtools

Basically before my last check-ins to the compiler and
CheckerFramework regarding reading from byte-code.

I believe that the used daikon.jar was compiler with the buggy
compiler that did the following things:
- it wasn't outputing some of the target_info fields to the classfile
- some of the ones written to the classfile is simply -1 values.

When reading with the new compiler, the ClassReader would read the
extra expected fields, hence missing the Stream position for the rest
of the attributes.  I suspect that the problem would go away once we
compile Daikon with the new compiler cleanly.

- Mahmood