[Checkers] Bridge Methods

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 1 15:52:24 EDT 2008

Greetings Mike,

> And, can you add a test for bridge methods, analogous to the one you
> wrote
> for anonymous constructors?
I added some tests for bridge methods and also for overriding generic
methods awhile ago (and more recently).

However, I don't think that bridge methods affect any of our static
analysis for two reasons:
1. They are only relevant "if the program gives rise to an unchecked
warning" (JLS 15.12.4.5) and we basically gave up on these.
2. The bridge methods, in OpenJDK implementation, get generated in
code desugering in preparation for code generation.  Both phases occur
after type checking source.  So we never see them.

Regards,
Mahmood