[Checkers] Bug in handling -J arguments

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 12 22:19:01 EST 2008

Greetings Mike,

The script modifications prevents the compiler from parsing arguments
with spaces properly.  When parsing with the updated script javac
script fails when compiler a class whose path contains a space.  My
script to confirm the problem follows below.

I don't know scripting well enough to fix the bug.  Can you please
look into this?

Regards,
Mahmood

Here is my script:
$ cd $annotations/langtools
$ ant -f make/build-javac
$ make Test\ 1
$ touch Test\ 1/Test.java
$ ./dist/bin/javac Test\ 1/Test.java
javac: file not found:  Test 1/Test.java
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options

[ in the last line of dist/bin/javac, replace '$javacparams' with
'"javacparams"' ]

$ ./dist/bin/javac Test\ 1/Test.java
javac: file not found:  Test 1/Test.java
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options

[ in the last line of dist/bin/javac, replace '"javacparams"' with
'"$@"' ]

$ ./dist/bin/javac Test\ 1/Test.java
$

[ compiles cleanly ]