[Checkers] error message throws exception

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 13 00:15:56 EDT 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 12:06 AM, Michael Ernst wrote:
> just a reference to a URL that should contain all the real
> information), and because there is a todo for us (to ping Sun
> periodically
> if the bug has not been fixed yet).
I see your point.

When I last reviewed the bug database, it seems that it takes them
very long (a couple of years in some cases) to actually fix a bug.
For example, the duplicate errors when using an annotation processor
(one of the bugs you reported earlier) was known since March 2006 and
marked Medium.

Also, when a bug is submitted, it remains in their internal database
until someone actually evaluates it and then it gets pushed to the
public database.  One of my earlier submissions regarding unclarity/
ambiguity of the Tree API has been in the internal one since May, and
I haven't heard anything yet!

Regards,
Mahmood