[Checkers] Augmenting Parser

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 12 13:18:36 EDT 2008

Greetings,

Thank you for your interest.

No.  I did not make it public yet.  I can send you the jdt.core jar
file if you tell me what version of eclipse you are running.  You may
be already aware of this, but the public development page for JSR 308
is http://groups.csail.mit.edu/pag/jsr308/ , which contains a
prototype implementation of JSR308-conforming java compiler and a set
of compiler plug-ins as type-checkers for pluggable type systems.

Currently, the eclipse support for JSR 308 is quite limited; and there
exists two plug-ins:
. A public eclipse plug-in (http://groups.csail.mit.edu/pag/jsr308/eclipse/
) that runs the distributed checkers on eclipse projects.
. A private augmentation of jdt.core plug-in that parses the type
annotations and ignores them.  This eliminates syntax error messages
for type-annotations, but does not provide type-checking for the
annotations.  It does not augment the generated tree objects to
maintain the annotations either.

I must admit that Eclipse is a new platform for me, so I am making
very minimal progress in it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mahmood