[Checkers] Processor Auto Discovery

Mahmood Ali mahmood at MIT.EDU
Sat Aug 2 18:16:46 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I finally figured out how to get processor auto discovery to work.
It's very simple, and the instructions are found in http://download.java.net/jdk7/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/javac.html#processing
  .  I confirmed that they are working for type processors as well,
but with some minor challenges.

I am considering making the Nullness and Interning checkers detectable
by auto-discovery for the following releases.  Should we do it
automatically, or should we just provide instructions on how to do
it.  Personally, I like supporting Nullness and Interning by default,
and explaining how to add rest (IGJ, Javari, or Basic) in the manual.

Considerations:
1. We cannot supply independent annotated skeleton jdk for each
processor.
    - We can finalize our support some form of annotation index file.

2. We cannot supply individual options for the independant checkers.
This probably is not so important, as the only overlapping option is -
Aquals for BasicChecker.  Other options are more specific.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Mahmood