[JSR308] Postfix notation for type annotations

Neal Gafter gafter at google.com
Sun Feb 25 00:54:55 EST 2007

On 2/25/07, Michael Ernst <mernst at csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> A postfix syntax for type annotations was brought up three times on the
> mailing list, and once more when I asked for comments.  Hearing no support
> for it, I have moved it to the "Resolved issues" of the JSR 308 webpage:

Do I understand you to be saying that your sense of the group is that it is
preferred to have the current spec's ~15 separate syntactic solutions (to
the contexts where types appear in the grammar) than a single solution for
all of them?  I didn't read the discussions this way.  At best I would have
read that most people didn't seem to care.